, ,

The City of Blinding Lights

12:03 pm

I slept for 13 hours straight in order to recover from my week in New York City. Needless to say, my time there was memorable. I’ve been blogging in such vague terms, so let me explain why I was there.

My first time, and definitely not the last time, in NY:

Simply put, it was a business trip. I don’t think I have to conceal this anymore (I’m not sure why I ever thought I had to). I will be spending my summer interning for Google, in the company’s BOLD Internship program, aka, the non-technical internship program. All the East Coast interns were flown to NYC for Orientation & Training where we mingled with each other, learned about company products, played Wii, ate too much free food, and explored the office (which stretches an entire city block.) It was everything you expect working for Google would be, and even better.







We didn’t have a lot of free time but on the 1 free night we had, I ventured down to Time Square and, in true New York style, saw a live comedy show. It was painfully funny and I’m already looking forward to the next time I’m there.

As for the rest of the summer, I’m more or less parked in Toronto. If you ever see me walking in downtown Toronto, rocking my Google shades, make sure to yell "Barnja" my way.

Here’s Time Square, in the City of Blinding Lights

The view from the hotel. (bare with the poor quality)

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. haha yeah, they are flying us back to NYC in July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very niiice! Good luck with it all... Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stacybuckeye6/6/10 12:24 am

    I love NYC and never pass up an opportunity to visit. Your internship looks like a lot of fun. Enjoy your upcoming time in France. I need to start working on my Paris post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha looking forward to the Paris post!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks George!! i'm looking forward to Monday - first day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the internship--don't let them steal your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha they won't. I will guard it well, promise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tracy

    NYC looks amazing. Good luck with the internship.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks JourneyPhotographic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks amazing, I really hope to get the experience of NYC someday myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you definitely have to go! my first time was amazing and I'm excited to be going back at the end of July!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your blog tracy! i redesigned my blog. http://kaygirl4ever.wordpress.com let me know if i should change anything. you have inspired my blog writing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey! I remember you from a while back. thanks for dropping by again. =)

    ReplyDelete