,

Toulouse: A French City Like None Other

12:00 pm

They say when all cities start looking the same in France, go to Toulouse. With it's quaint architecture and university-town atmosphere, Toulouse stands out in sharp contrast to the hustle and bustle of Paris that I'd grown accustomed to. The city's diverse ethnic make up allowed for an interesting time to people-watch (and photograph). While in Toulouse, I spent a few bucks at the market, wandered in and out of comic book stores, and even saw a wedding in its Capitol. If you want a relaxing weekend away from the big city crowds, then Toulouse is the perfect place to go.


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Toulouse looks like it's full of interesting characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting place! I rather like 0207, that gives a nice feel to the place, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post! Makes me miss Paris even more now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucky coincidence the stranger was walking by, she's quite stylish too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo... those street markets look DROOLWORTHY! It looks so much like Stockholm that it makes me homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the images of the local people. Gives the city a great feel. Seems like a great place to visit.

    www.seasonedwithyouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love these street side shops ... or as we call them "bazaars"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking at these photos bring back many good memories I have of Toulouse, especially the Capitol Square with its flea market, and the narrow street with shops on both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spent almost one year in Toulouse and your photos bring me back some great memories. I'm glad that you liked this wonderful city :)

    ReplyDelete