, ,

Summer in Cannes, France

7:00 am

Coffee and people watching for hours on end, a duo of saxophone and guitar-playing musicians entertaining patrons, endless bottles of rose, afternoons on the beach, dinners that go from 9pm to midnight, sleeping in, repeat. This became the rhyme of life as I slipped into the Mediterranean pace.

I was lucky enough to spend a week in Cannes for the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity. Walking through the narrow streets of the old town, I exchange smiles with the elderly man standing on the sidewalk. We say hello as I walk by with my camera. Above us, a woman stares out the window at the pedestrians below her third-floor apartment.

In this part of the world, I find myself calm in a zen-like state. Time here is counted, not in hours worked, but by cups of coffee, glasses of wine, and naps on the beach. A whole week has been spent here before I even knew it. I try to leave but my feet refuse to move beneath me. If only I could stay here a little longer. 

Cannes, France

Cannes, France

train ride in Cannes, France

carousel in Cannes, France

habour in Cannes, France

Cannes, France

restaurant in Cannes, France

Old Cannes, France

Cannes, France

Panorama Cannes, France

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These pictures appear a lot colder than I expected. Is it a filter that you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy Zhang28/6/13 8:32 am

    I popped up the dark blue tones which is just my style in post processing, I also shot a lot of these in harsh shade which is probably why some of them appear very cold.

    ReplyDelete