, , ,

10 Days Through Vietnam with Photographer Charley Zheng

10:36 am

Vietnam Charley Zheng

I first came across Charley’s work after being repeatedly mistaken for her at an event I had attended in San Francisco. We exchanged emails and bonded over Vietnam - her recent return from the country and my imminent trip to. Through her descriptions of Vietnam, I fell in love with the place. With each exchange, I grew my excited about my travel plans until I finally took up the opportunity to ask Charley to share her images from Vietnam  on here.

I hope you find these as dreamy and cinematic as I did. Vietnam, as photographed by Portland-based photographer Charley Zheng. In her own words:

This is Vietnam in 10 days: 8 flights, 6 bus rides, 3 boat rides, 2 overnight trains, 1 motorbike tour, and 1 aerial tram. At the beginning of January, I took a journey halfway across the world with 12 other travelers, exploring nearly the entire length of the country from the south to the north.

I constantly felt like I was living scenes out of a movie. It was such an extraordinary and cinematic experience. Life spun out like a Haruki Murakami-esque tale, a little bit surreal, a little bit dreamlike. Yet it was also so acutely animated, lively, and colorful that it made coming back to Portland feel like a strnge reverie. I miss the sights, the streets, the food, and the people already. They lent so much to this pretend movie that I was making in my head.

Vietnam Charley Zheng
Vietnam Charley Zheng
Vietnam Charley Zheng
Vietnam Charley Zheng
Vietnam Charley Zheng
Vietnam Charley Zheng
Vietnam Charley Zheng
Vietnam Charley Zheng
Vietnam Charley Zheng
Vietnam Charley Zheng

Charley Zheng is a photographer currently based in Portland. For more of Charley's work, visit her website or her Exposure.

You Might Also Like

0 comments