, , ,

A Designer's Guide to West Harlem

8:19 pm


Over the last few months, I have been working on a list of my favorite places to visit in Harlem for a project called On the Grid. They are a designer's guide to neighborhoods around the city, bringing you closer to Cool one neighborhood shop at a time. I've talked about my love for my neighborhood on several occasions on this blog (see: Where to eat on Harlem's Restaurant Row) so I was thrilled to have the opportunity to curate a list of my must-visit places in West Harlem.

Two of my newly discovered favorites in the neighborhood are Flamekeepers Hat Club and Silvana.

I first noticed Flamekeepers in June, right off the heels of my Puerto Rico trip where Alex picked up a custom Panama hat, made to fit his head. Flamekeepers brings impeccable style that transcends generations with quality hats made for the gentleman in your life. I had to drag myself out of there for fear I would buy the entire store.

Flamekeepers Hat Club_Harlem NYC
Flamekeepers Hat Club_Harlem NYC

Silvana is a cafe that I have been meaning to go to for a long time, and when I finally did, I wondered why it ever took me so long to stop by. Silvana is a cafe and bistro by day, and turns into a cocktail and hookah lounge by night - how cool is that? The colorful interior is so mesmerizing and I could spend hours just going through all the local artisan products for sale. 

For more of design-centric places in Harlem, hope on over to On the Grid for the whole list.

Silvana Harlem NYC
Silvana Harlem NYC
Silvana Harlem NYC

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments