,

Goodbye China

1:19 am

Having once lived in China for 11 years, I still travel there frequently. This post is from my trip to China in May 2010. View more stories from that trip and other China trips here.
It’s been a long time since I had time to write an update about what I’m doing. Today is one of the last few days I will spend in China this year. I finally have some time to rest my feet, watch some TV, and tell you about my trip so far, and the many more trips to come.

This month has been a whirlwind of traveling in China; I visited cities that I’ve never been to, and saw more family than I had in the last 5 years. The trip was rewarding in many ways: 4 cities (Beijing, Changsha, Nanjing, Shanghai), 3 weeks, World Expo, and 2008 Olympic sites.

I feel fulfilled and am ready to end the constant traveling for a while - I look forward to stop living out of my suitcase. But the craziness of living in airports, on subways, and at train stations isn’t quite over yet. And you know I’ll sneak in whatever photo opportunities I can get.

For now, here are some loose photos from the 4 cities I visited. It's a mixture of the old China and the modern China, both of tourist sites and everyday lives…

Beijing_ChinaBeijing_China_hutongBeijing_China_streetBeijing_China_hutong_tourBeijing_China_birdsnestBeijing_China_birdsnest_olympicsBeijing_China_hutongtourNanjing_ChinaNanjing_ChinaNanjing_ChinaChangsha_ChinaChangsha_ChinaChangsha_ChinaChangsha_ChinaChangsha_China_apartment

You Might Also Like

13 comments