Travel Diary: Living In Airports

6:06 pm

An airport is a “tween” place.

“Tween” places are like doorways, windows, shadows, and midnight – the in between of 2 worlds. I think of airports as the place between the lives of those coming and lives of those going. I can sit here for days and be absorbed in the people arriving and departing.

There’s something peaceful about waiting at a gate – you can be perfectly undisturbed and alone, yet never lonely. Not to mention it’s a great location to people watch. Aren’t photographers just professional people-watchers anyway?

From Gate 76 in Tokyo, Japan



You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. 5th picture... i have the same shoe! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this post, "Aren’t photographers just professional people-watchers anyway?" Couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Alex - I'm glad we agree on this! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll second (or third) that! 1st shot - what a cutie! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. isn't she? i love scouting at airports.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the first peaceful airport pictures I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, yeah. I suppose the normal airport scene is much more hectic.

    ReplyDelete