,

I Survived World Expo 2010

7:17 pm

Having once lived in China for 11 years, I still travel there frequently. This post is from my trip to China in May 2010. View more stories from that trip and other China trips here.

After spending 3 days at the World Expo 2010 in Shanghai, I am finally getting around to making this update. =)

To say the Expo was crowded would be an understatement. Based on last few days’ records, there are 30+ million visitors per week. I spent all 3 days walking from pavilion to pavilion, often waiting in line for hours, which is more tiring than it sounds.

The pavilions are a lot like tourism museums. I have to admit, not all of them were very exciting; some countries only brought pictures and video clips. But some pavilions were breathtaking and eye-opening; my personal favorites include Portugal, Monaco, Iceland, and numerous small Asian countries. I visited roughly 35 pavilions in 3 days - my feet want to detach themselves from my body but my heart is very happy.

"Regular" World Expo photos didn't interest me much, but here's a glimpse of what I saw through my lens.

Exhaustion is setting in, so until the next post, stay classy.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. [...] author: travel « WordPress.com Tag Feed [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the man in the last pictures doing?? He looks like he's about to jump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that was a maintenance worker fixing something on the roof of one of the pavilions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really an interesting reportage with interesting pics. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - it's hard to imagine 30+ million people in one location. Very nice photography, it helps me to picture what it was like...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great snaps! I was at the Expo this past summer too - volunteered at the Peruvian Pavilion as one of their photographers. Glad you survived the crowds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi There, You have a great and lovely blog!
    Since i discovered this new theme i want it too.. But it doesn´t work out nicely.
    The pictures above the posts doesn´t show up on my page.
    Are you able to help me with this problem? I tried everything, nothing worked.
    Finally i found a blogger who's using the same theme!
    Thank you..!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire you for braving the crowds. I try to find space away the herds when possible. You must have been exhausted!

    ReplyDelete