,

Windmills of Wolfe Island

6:00 am

After the last post on Lemoine Point, I wanted to spend more time exploring my current home base of Kingston Ontario and the surrounding area. Everyday, I look across Lake Ontario to the tall white windmills scattered on Wolfe Island. Last weekend, I finally made a trip to the island to visit these windmills in person.


I have been quite infatuated with farm life for the last few months so the trip was perfect since the island is almost entirely covered in farms. I spent a few hours on the island, driving from one end all the way to the other. The windmills are sleek, yet imposing in person. They were a strange juxtaposition against the livestock and abandoned barn houses on the island.

The relaxing part of the day was spending the evening at the General Wolfe Hotel, where I enjoyed a delicious chocolate cheesecake at its restaurant and got some work done with the free wi-fi, courtesy of the hotel.

On the ferry back to the mainland, I caught a beautiful sunset, a perfect reward to end a day of Local Travel.



Just-In-Time: travel the world in pictures

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Love the head shot of the cow. i makes me chuckle and i am not quite sure why

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prairie Pride9/4/12 6:39 pm

    ...without me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prairie Pride9/4/12 6:39 pm

    You went andvisited cows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, as usual. Kind of reminds me of my cousin's photos from the Isles of Scilly in England.

    ReplyDelete