, ,

22 Things I'll Miss About Scandinavia

7:41 am

In June 2012, I left for a grand journey to explore Scandinavia: 5 countries, 8 cities, and a countless numbers of boat rides and road trips. I ate strange foods, hiked mountains and glaciers, and met up with friends old and new. This post is from part of that trip. You can read more of my trip through the Nordic here. 

Towards the end of my Scandinavia trip, I turned 22 years old. I have never given too much thought on birthdays but my 22nd coincided with such an amazing journey through the Nordic that it made me want to reflect on this trip. To that end, I have compiled 22 things that I’ll miss about Scandinavia. As I look back on this month, I really have had a wonderful time in this part of the world. I wish I didn’t have to go home so soon.


  1. The midnight sun

  2. Tourist-friendly locals

  3. Convenient and accessible public transportation

  4. Canals and boat rides

  5. Bakeries and coffee shops everywhere

  6. Fresh baked bread

  7. Delicious cappuccinos in Copenhagen

  8. Staying in a cottage on the Baltic Sea

  9. Picnics for lunch

  10. Open-faced sandwiches

  11. The Norwegian fjords

  12. Biking > driving

  13. Hiking on the Jostedalsbreen glacier

  14. That everyone wears skinny jeans

  15. Road trip through Estonia

  16. Nature is ubiquitous

  17. Ferrying through the Archipelagos

  18. That everyone spoke English

  19. Medieval architecture

  20. Tea and crackers for dessert

  21. Ice creams on the beach

  22. Meeting old friends and making new ones

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I was in Stockholm last week and really enjoyed this list. I am missing some of the same things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stockholm is a great city, really livable. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny Trozell9/9/12 6:52 am

    Looks like you have had a great time in my part of the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I really did enjoy myself in Scandinavia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] through the nooks and crannies of Scandinavia. My favourite place was Copenhagen Denmark. I loved the coffees, the canals, and the bikes! If I had to pick one place in Scandinavia to call home, Copenhagen would be [...]

    ReplyDelete