, , ,

San Francisco California

7:58 am

The first time I ever set foot in San Francisco was in 2006, and everything about it felt like home. It was December but I could still see how beautiful the city was, despite the heavy rain. I remember going to the beach and watching brave surfers ride the waves on those cold mornings. I watched runners jog pass the Pier as I wondered aimlessly around the waterfront. I watched business people in suits, hustling their way through the downtown core. For the first time in years, I tried my hand at tennis. And every night, I slept like a baby to the calming rhythm of the ocean waves.

When I was in San Francisco last month, I spent most of my time on the water with a gorgeous view of the city's skyline. I've missed the water oh so much since moving to Toronto in early July. I miss the smelling the salt in the air. I miss watching children playing on the beach. Toronto is fun in its own right but for me, the ocean will always be home.

San Francisco CaliforniaSan Francisco CaliforniaGolden Gate Bridge SFSan Francisco CaliforniaSan Francisco CaliforniaSan Francisco California

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. beautiful photos! It looks so idyllic. I really want to visit San Francisco one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, hope you get to visit the city some time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the pictures Tracy...it does carry the resonance of home through your lens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to go to SF. Your shots are absolutely beautiful ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  5. San Francisco is on my bucket list as well. Beautiful photos, I agree with Lesley that it looks so idyllic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's definitely a unique place, hope you get to visit one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. [...] Last month when I was in San Francisco, I wrote about the salt water and ocean breeze that made me feel like home. For my most recent stay in California, I opted to stay in the Valley. I didn’t want to give up the ocean so I spent some time in Santa Cruz where the beach and the boardwalk were bustling with visitors. [...]

    ReplyDelete