, , , ,

Freewheeling in Copenhagen

7:30 am

In June 2012, I left for a grand journey to explore Scandinavia: 5 countries, 8 cities, and a countless numbers of boat rides and road trips. I ate strange foods, hiked mountains and glaciers, and met up with friends old and new. This post is from part of that trip. 

It seemed like I had just flown into Copenhagen, but it’s time to leave again. On my last day in Denmark, I made my way to Christiana – a freewheeling community that many had urged me to visit. It was something very different from the rest of Copenhagen and any other conventional community setting. The freewheeling lifestyle and open drug sales added a twist to my usual sightseeing. The rest of the day was spent in coffee shops, eating traditional hotdogs, walking along the water, and soaking in the last of Copenhagen.

I’m off to Stockholm tonight where more adventure awaits.

Christiana Copenhagen DenmarkChristiana Copenhagen DenmarkChristiana Copenhagen DenmarkChristiana Copenhagen DenmarkChristiana Copenhagen DenmarkChristiana Copenhagen DenmarkCopenhagen DenmarkCopenhagen DenmarkCopenhagen DenmarkCopenhagen DenmarkCopenhagen Denmark

You Might Also Like

2 comments