,

Tallinn Estonia

7:56 am

In June 2012, I left for a grand journey to explore Scandinavia: 5 countries, 8 cities, and a countless numbers of boat rides and road trips. I ate strange foods, hiked mountains and glaciers, and met up with friends old and new. This post is from part of that trip. You can read more of my trip through the Nordic here. 

I left Stockholm last night on the overnight ferry to Tallinn. The adventure continues!

As far as Old Towns go, Tallinn’s was my favourite out of all the historic city centers I’ve visited on this Scandinavia trip. I liked its pastel colors, its quaint shops, and its narrow alleyways. Compact but large enough to spend a whole morning in, the Old Town served as my playground on more than one morning. Most of the time, I let myself wander through its intersecting cobblestone paths, never caring if I got lost and getting delighted when I found myself in front of a church or a tower I have yet to visit.

If Tallinn is not on your visit list, I sincerely hope these photos will change your mind.Old Town Tallinn EstoniaOld Town Tallinn EstoniaOld Town Tallinn EstoniaOld Town Tallinn EstoniaOld Town Tallinn EstoniaOld Town Tallinn EstoniaOld Town Tallinn EstoniaOld Town Tallinn EstoniaOld Town Tallinn EstoniaOld Town Tallinn Estonia

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. I had a dream I visited Estonia, and it prompted me to look it up since honestly I have no idea why I dreamed of it, now I really want to go, and especially after seeing these photos. Amazing architecture, thanks for sharing these great images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pictures! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots! I love Estonia, people are fun, food is amazing, it's beautiful and they have 100% WIFI use / coverage and education. Lovely place with an incredible history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to visit it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you like Estonia too! I miss that place already .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the inspiration. I've heard it has a nice Christmas market, so it might be a place I look into going to in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I wish I could see it all lit up at Christmas time too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny Trozell1/9/12 12:13 am

    Been there, it is a pretty city!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tallinn is my 2nd favourite city in Europe after Venice. It's perfect for a weekend of sightseeing/drinking hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. [...] at Alex’s request for me to stop by his birth country, I visited Estonia. The capital combined elements of medieval periods with old Soviet Union. It was an interesting comparison that left me wanting to visit all the other previous Soviet Union [...]

    ReplyDelete