Travel Quote of the Day

10:19 am

While in Barcelona 2 years ago, I was feeling particularly alone and helpless. I was in a fun and vibrant city by myself, yet I couldn't move myself to visit any more beaches, museums, or go out to any pubs or restaurants. I felt like I had lost the taste for travel. Spain had worn out on me and I didn't know what I was doing there anymore. With still a week scheduled in the city, I wondered how I ended up there - both geographically and emotionally. I didn't know the meaning of travel anymore and I questioned what it really meant for me to be a travel photographer. 

There I sat in the public square at the end of La Rambla, feeling immovable, and spent hours people watching. The girls came running out from the benches, sending the pigeons flying, they giggled to themselves nonstop. I snapped the picture.

″A traveler without observation is a bird without wings.” – Moslih Eddin Saadi


You Might Also Like

0 comments